How to know if you can apply for asylum?
- Under U.S. immigration law, foreigners who arrive in the country and claim to be persecuted or tortured because of their political position, their religion, their nationality, their race, or their social group, can apply for asylum in the United States.
- When an immigrant is granted asylum, it means that he or she is given refuge in the U.S. and does not have to return to their home country to face the possibility of persecution and torture.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Your chances are greater when you hire a team of expert lawyers.
- Your ASYLUM claim must be filed no later than one year after you enter the United States.
- In advance, well before the one-year deadline, you must work out with your legal team the best strategy for taking your asylum claim to court.
- Gather as much evidence as possible that proves your need for asylum in the United States in order to efficiently build your case.